My Two-for-Tuesday morning train reads:
• Is Trumponomics Working? (Fiscal Times) see also Former Trump Econ adviser Gary Cohn warns Trump’s trade war is hurting the U.S. economy (Washington Post)
• From the moment we wake up and brush our teeth, our consumer choices are dominated by a few large companies. (The Guardian)
• Don’t Count Out Value Investing Despite Growth’s Spurt (Bloomberg) see also Where Quant Does It Better (Institutional Investor)
• How did YouTube become the most popular music streaming site? By sounding like the world itself. (Washington Post)
• US in the midst of a white nationalist terrorism crisis (Sydney Morning Herald) see also I warned of alt-right violence in 2009. I was right. (Washington Post)
• The CEO of Nasdaq Wants You to Know the Company Isn’t Just About Stocks (Bloomberg Businessweek)
• Advantage Flywheels (FutureBlind) see also The Network Effects Manual: 13 Different Network Effects (and counting) (NFX)
• 8chan, a nexus of radicalization, explained The platform is a dark, toxic corner of the internet (Vox)
• ‘Take Texas seriously’: GOP anxiety spikes after retirements (Washington Post) see also Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control (Bloomberg)
• Einstein showed Newton was wrong about gravity. Now scientists are coming for Einstein. (NBC News)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this past weekend with Rajiv Jain, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer of GQG Partners, with $24 billion in AUM. Jain was 2012 Morningstar International Manager of the Year.
There’s always something.